Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webpage Creator?

• Please log in to reply

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Dear Guys!
Is there a tool that will enable me too make a webpage, so I dont have to learn C++ and other languages or even a software that will help me in creating a webpage? Help would be great!
RockyIV

Advertisements

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
There are tons of them out there.

Granted, it isn't free, but the best one IMHO, is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX (you can get a free demo however from their website). There is also Macromedia HomeSite and Microsoft FrontPage (which I cannot stand) and quite a few others.

Do a Google on HTML editors or Web Design Tools and you should end up with a plethora of options.

C++ is irrelavant to webpage design. HTML, JavaScript, XML, ASP, etc are the things you need to know...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i agree with thenotch (officially the creepiest baby picture i've ever seen by the way)....dreamweaver is one of the best...very easy to use to make simple little pages and once you learn the ins and outs of the program you can do some phenomenal stuff without having to learn as much code as doing it from scratch..

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Front page express is a really wysiwyg editor.

You can download it free anywhere off the internet.

Or just type into google 'free web building software'

Thanks! :tazz:

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I code all my webpages with notepad :tazz: As long as you know html, you shouldn't need anything more complex than notepad to create a basic website

kidavi

kidavi

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
i have to agree with lil cat... somehow i feel like using programs like Dreamweaver and FrontPage is akin to 'cheating'... XD but that's just me. i prefer using raw HTML, and it's an easy language to learn (unlike PHP or C++). it's fairly simple to teach yourself HTML without the assistance of books or classes-- all you really need is a good Google search on tutorials. as you practice, your knowledge expands and you can do more and more things with it.

i swear by HTML-Kit for webdesign; it's handy for both beginners (has an optional auto-complete and lots of helpful form/table/etc.-building options) and more experienced users (CSS, PHP, etc. plugins).

drljspr

drljspr

• Pip
  • 9 posts
:tazz: There is a free one that is easy to use, and is pretty good, Its called "Trillian Webpage" It provids both code, and draw features. It is more drag and drop.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Have you found a web page builder that you like yet? :tazz:

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Notepad is fine, IF you know the HTML code. If not, I would agree that Macromedia Dreamweaver MX is one of the better site designers out there. Here is a picture of a webage being designed in DWMX:
Posted Image

It allows you to "Draw" your website, and then see the code for it. (Or vise-versa)

Rockett