Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finding my office 2003 cd key in my registry

• Please log in to reply

hulud

hulud

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hi, i have office 2003 on a laptop here at work but i need to do a clean install of xp on the pc and i dont have the disc/key at this location. does anyone know how to find the key in the registry so i can use the same one when i reinstall access, i can use it to get this pc back up to scratch.

thanks,

Edited by hulud, 08 September 2005 - 12:44 PM.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Hi, i have office 2003 on a laptop here at work but i need to do a clean install of xp on the pc and i dont have the discs at this location.  does anyone know how to find the key in the registry so i can use the same one when i reinstall access, i can use it to get this pc back up to scratch.

thanks,

View Post

Howdy:

First of all, if you don't have the disks, how are you going to do the re-install??

Where are the disks?? You say this is a work system yet the disks are not there??

Murray

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
yes,

you are going to be needing disks to reinstall!

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
sorry, i said that wrong. i have office xp discs, from other computers, but those packages have software keys that have already been used on other computers, and i want to use the same key for this pc that has already been installed on it so that my licenses are all good, and not double-use a key that i have lying around up here. my boss said that there should be access to the key that is installed on the computer somewhere in the registry, but i cant find it, and am hesitant to dig too deeply for fear of messing something up in the registry. the discs are at a different company location, in mexico, and rather than having to wait a few days for them to be shipped up i am looking to get this reinstall done before the weekend, so i can ship it back down.

thanks, sorry about that

Edited by hulud, 08 September 2005 - 10:34 AM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Okay.. It is the Key Code that makes it legal not the disk.. Strange your IT people wouldn't have a record of the Key Codes for all installs outside of the main office located on-site!! Don't need the disks, just the key codes..

Try This

Murray

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
thanks, useful bit of software, but im looking for the office key... sorry again for the confusion :\ the xp codes are on all of the machines.. and most machines have their software stored in a safe place, but like i said this machine was shipped up here (oregon) from mexico.

Edited by hulud, 08 September 2005 - 11:17 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Download Everest Home here

http://www.lavalys.h...p?pid=1&lang=en

Run it then click software then licenses

Belarc should also tell you

http://www.belarc.co...e_download.html

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Well, I just ran it and you have to click on the "Microsoft Office" heading to see that key code..It defaults to show the OS key code..

Belarc will give you the serial (OEM) number but not the key code but I do think Everest shows the keycode..

Murray

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
thanks ill check those programs out. i appreciate the help. will report back with findings

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Keith, you tried it and it worked with home? I tried with home, but couldn't find it. I tried with corporate and ultimate, all I get was the first set, the rest was [EVALUATION].

EDIT: OK, i actually saw that people tried after I posted. I still can't find it in mine. I loked through the settings, but couldn't find an option for software.

Edited by rmurphy, 08 September 2005 - 12:19 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I used Ultimate and it gives me the keys for every programme on the PC

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
http://www.lavalys.h...p?pid=3&lang=en

Home only shows freeware; I wonder why it didntshow Zone Alarm...but then it didnt even show a software tab at all.

Corporate should be showing all commercial keys, but only shows the whole ZoneAlarm key. Same for Ultimate.

Corporate and Ultimate both show me most of my programs (doesn't show game demos from PopCap) the only problem is that they only show the first string of the key. For example, one of my programs key is showing as WSW600- [EVALUATION].
I already know the probable answer, but do you have to pay to get out of eval and get the full features of the program?

Edited by rmurphy, 08 September 2005 - 12:30 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you have evaluation versions of Everest then probably

Hello Hulud,

Can you get the product keys over the phone

Keith

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Hello Hulud,

Can you get the product keys over the phone

Keith

View Post

Best suggestion yet Kieth !! :tazz:

Murray

hulud

hulud

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
i can try, unfortunately our division based in mexico is a little disorganized - the reason the software wasnt shipped up with the laptop in the first place! :\

will see if someone down there can rustle it up