Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disabled Network card service

• Please log in to reply

genem

genem

• Pip
  • 1 posts
An overly aggressive virus software setting or an infected file was cleaned from my system and now my network card will not work. I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled but that did not help. Three error messages in the event log state...

------------------------
E1000
Intel® Pro/1000 CT Network Connection PROBLEM: Could not find a PRO/1000 adapter. ACTION: Reinstall driver.
-------------------------
Service control Manager
The Intel® NMS service depends on the following nonexistent service: RPCS
DCOM
DCOM got error "The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion. " attempting to start the service NMSSvc with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server:
{6CE8FEE6-A771-11DE-9B08-0090275F67ED}

I tried booting from the windows 2000 CD to repair the installation but the only option I have is a full install. Can this service be copied from another machine or how do I get it from the Windows 2000 CD?

I am running Windows 2000 SP3 and an Intel Pro/1000 gigabit card.

Thanks for the help.

Gene

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
What windows wants you do to is add (restore) a service that was running on your machine. Open your network dialog box, highlight the network interface device in question, click on Add, choose Service, then add the desired service, which is the Remote Procedure Call Service in this case. You will need your installation disk. You may have other stuff missing too.

Edited by Tyger, 09 September 2005 - 08:16 PM.