Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Completly Desperate - Someone PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: :) :)
Ok, here is what I can tell you. I have a Gateway Computer. It's about 4 - 5 years old. It has all of my work information and all of my PRICELESS pictures. I went to restart my computer and it wouldn't... so I held down the button like i've done many times in the past... then it wouldnt restart. i mean it acts like its going to... gateway comes up and then it goes to the safe mode screen. ive tried to restart it in all modes and each time it comes back with nothing. the safe mode actually makes all of these promps come up all across the screen. sometimes a blue screen pops up for like 2 seconds and then its gone... i cant even read what its saying.

WHAT DO I DO? Does anyone know what I am talking about. This is horrible. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi SomeOnePleaseHelpMe,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Sounds like it could be malware. Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
tony thanks for your response... i looked over that page... what do i do if i cant even get windows to open... i cant do any of that. my computer just reboots and reboots over and over non stop

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

tony thanks  for your response... i looked over that page... what do i do if i cant even get windows to open... i cant do any of that. my computer just reboots and reboots  over and over non stop

View Post

Do you have a legal copy of the windows CD?

If so run a repair and try that.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi SomeOnePleaseHelpMe...

It's about 4 - 5 years old

Is this running XP?

Don't mean to butt in, tony...but there is the possibility.......

wannabe1

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
yes my computer is XP. i am so devistated i am in tears. i feel sick. i feel like such a retard for not have backed all this stuff up, but i didnt and im going to be lost if my computer is dead. please someone help me.

its xp. i can look for all my stuff for the computer. its gotta be around here somewhere... :tazz: :) :) :) :ph34r:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Don't mean to butt in, tony...but there is the possibility.......

wannabe1

View Post

Yeap that is ok go for it if you feel that it is Wannabe1.

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

SomeOnePleaseHelpMe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
this does not sound good. what is the possibility?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Don't worry; Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry, SomeOnePleaseHelpMe...didn't mean to scare you. What I was getting at is that as late as mid 2001 Gateway was still putting out machines running Windows ME...those have to be treated very differently than an XP machine. Follow Keith's advice...he knows where of he speaks.

wannabe1