Hello zottekoe, and welcome to Geeks To Go,
You " CAN "
[COLOR=red] file and print share with Windows XP Pro, Home, ME, 2000, 98SE, 98FE, 98PLUS, and 95.
If " thenotch " link did not work correctly, or you are still having problems please refer to the rest of my Post.
I need a little additional information to ascertain whether or not I will be able to assist you, in correctly setting up your File and Print Share Home Network.
Please Answer the following questions:
1) What operating System's do you have on all PC's being connected to the File and Print Share network, Please include any Windows Updates or Patches (Example..XP SP1 or 2)?
2) What are the Model and Manufacturer of the Wireless / Wired Adapter's currently Installed on all PC's being Included in this Network?
3) What is the Model and Manufacturer of the Router, Switch, or Hub you are using?
4) What IP Configuration are you using (Example.. DHCP, PPoE / Static, Automatic)
5) What antivirus programs do you have running?
6) What firewalls do you have running?
7) What pop-up blockers, Ad Blockers, and Malware detectors do you have running?
8) What is the model and manufacturer of all the printers you are wanting to Share?
9) Do you have the original installation disk for each and every printer you are wanting to share?
10) Do you have the ability to write to a blank CD (IE.. a CD burner in your machine and few blank cd's [not a prerequisite just makes the setup a little easier])
11) What steps have you already taken to try and implement the File and Print Share Ability for your network
PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-11 THOROUGHLY, TO HELP ME BETTER PROVIDE
YOU WITH A WALKTHROUGH ON HOW TO SETUP YOUR FILE AND PRINT SHARE