Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Remote Access Manager: Access Denied

• Please log in to reply

curiousgeorge45678

curiousgeorge45678

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi There.

Thanks for the help.

I have a Dell laptop with XP PRO that went from stable to haywire after I treid installing a Linksys wireless card last week.

For example, when I would try to click on IIS Admin under SErvices, the management console would freeze. Also, whenever I would try to shut down my computer would prompt me to save a .msc file somewhere. In addition, I could no longer serve my own pages on the local intranet, though I did have internet browsing.

I had tried everything I could think of - uninstalling the wireless card did nothing, restarting the services, nothing, even system restore did not work. According to Ad-Aware and Microsoft Anti-Spyware and Norton's I am virus and malware free.

So I used the XP repair as outlined in the XP forum, and it seemed to wrk fine. But before I tried to connect to the internet to retrieve all microsfot's updates, I treid to turn on the firewall and nothing!
"Windows cannot start the ...Firewall Service"

Similar messages for the Securit Center and when I try to manually turn on the firewall for my Local Area Connection. ("An error occurred while Internet COnnection was being enabled")

In the Event Viewer>System the most confusing error is "Remote Access Connection Manager terminated with the following error: Access is denied"

Anybody have a guess as to what might be up?
(full disclosure: I posted this in Networking too, because I wasn't sure which one it fit better on)

Thanks
-George

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
He is geting helped http://www.geekstogo...ied-t62178.html so every one just post there.

And don't dobble post it make it harder to help you.