Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Data recovery

• Please log in to reply

I love my vans

I love my vans

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
I have a 160gig hard drive which i have just screwed up but i havent formatted it, but i cannot access or see any files, is there a way that i can recover any files left behind on the disk, i have some very important work that i would hate to have lost on there.

Thank you

ILMV

ps i have tried this one... http://www.stellarin...sk-recovery.htm

with no luck

Edited by I love my vans, 09 September 2005 - 04:42 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
It might be a good idea to describe what happened to the disk. Without any history the most experienced of us would be unable to make any suggestions.

I love my vans

I love my vans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Right, well i had linux, didnt like it so decided to get rid of it (linus was on HDD 2), i formatted the got, but then the linux boot scrrren kept apearing, you know the select OS one. So i wanted to get rid of this, so asked advice here, but did the wrong thing and over wrote my boot sector or something.

Now the 160 gig has 10mb capacity, and i cant seem to find any of the files that were on there.

i have tried a few app's now, with no luck.

I love my vans

I love my vans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Right well i have downloaded a demo data recovery program which has found the important stuff :tazz: thank god for that. However, it will only recover files belox 64kb, fair play really. So i will have to buy it and sort that.

Just have to get my mototrbike fixed and im back on track.

I will report back with my progress.

CHeers people
ILMV aka I Love My HDD!!!

I love my vans

I love my vans

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Well the program recovered the files i needed, and i am going to but the full edition and get the whole lot recovered.

I thought these recovery programs were totally crap, until i actually has to use one myself.

Ben