Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did You Know.....

• Please log in to reply

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
I have decided to make a list of some of the features on GeekstoGo that get overlooked, even though they are always there! If I miss any that you think should be up here, go ahead and post on here, and I will add to this list :tazz:

Main Page
Did You Know...
  • You can see a list of every forum from here - Check the left side of the page, its an easy way to get to where you want to go!
  • Different Staff members post some of the more interesting and exciting 'Tech News' on the main page. We give you a little blurb plus a link to where you can read more.
  • You can access your Personal Messages from the main page (if you are logged in), it will say "Welcome Username, You have # personal message(s).
Forums
Did You Know...
  • You can minimize the Forum Subgroups (such as the Internet Group), look for the +/- sign to the right of eat subforum.
  • At the bottom of the Main forum page, you can see the board statistics. This includes the current users logged in, today's birthdays, number of registered users, total number of posts, and more!
  • Near the top of the main forum page, you can see the latest news on the site.
Clickers!
Here are some useful links:"My Controls"
Subscriptions
  • Here you can see which topics you are subscribed to. You can also unsubscribe to posts here.
Personal Profile
  • Here you can edit your personal information, edit your signature, change your avatar, and your personal photo
Options
  • Here you can change your email address, your email settings, as well as change your password
Posting a picture:
Step 1:
Scroll to the bottom of the topic reply window, find File Attachments and click the Browse... button. Find the picture on your computer you'd like to attach and select it.
[attachment=322:attachment]

Step 2:
Click the Add This Attachment button.
[attachment=323:attachment]

That's it! You've just added a picture that will be displayed as a thumbnail at the bottom of your reply.

Now to get a little fancier...

Step 3:
After you've added the attachment, a new Add into Post button will be visible.
[attachment=324:attachment]

Click it to add [attachmentid=###] into the topic. This text is where the picture will be displayed.
[attachment=325:attachment]

How to add ANIMATIONS to your posts.(Courtesy of Flowergirl)

1. Right click on the animation and click on "properties" from the
menu that appears.

2. Highlight the URL of the animation or image and right click on it then
select "copy" from that menu...(It will be a very long address beginning
with 'http.' (Then click on the word 'ok.'

3. Go to your GEEK post area and type in

4. Then right click next next after the ] (no spaces) and select
"paste" from the edit menu in the upper left corner.

5. Add to the end of the address.......

Edited by Justin, 08 January 2006 - 09:47 PM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks you for having that thread again, really grateful

Edited by fleamailman, 10 September 2005 - 02:38 AM.

Justin

Justin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Hi Fleamailman,

I have merged your topic about this thread into the original thread.

Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Justin weren't you formerly known as Jfcap?

Justin

Justin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Yes, I was. I had my username changed :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Nah not unless an admin does it! But I dont think you can transfer post count!

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Re: Post count

Quantity of posts means absolutely nothing to most of us. If you have 1000 posts that are nothing more than "Me too" or "Nice going" then you are nothing more than a spammer and you will never be taken seriously here.

Think about your posts before you make them, if you have nothing of quality to add to the thread, dont add to it.

Re: Name change

That can only be done by an Admin and will only be done if the name you wish to change to is not already taken. We will also not change it for you multiple times. Pick a name and stick with it so people get used to you.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Cloutz

Cloutz

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
Is it just me, or am I not able to access the Event Calendar?

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this calendar or this calendar does not exist.

:tazz:

Nick

Justin

Justin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
You are correct, it is a bug with the new version of our forums. We are trying to get it fixed :tazz:

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Main Page Did You Know...
23rd Dec 2005

I am not sure if this is a problem or not but - The spelling of the word [Calendar] is incorrect – in the Link –

Event Calander - Here you can see a list of long term birthdays]

Jack123

EDIT -

Sorry - I see that – Spelling is not a problem – When my [Mouse] is over the [Copied Link] – The spelling in [Link Address] is corrected - It is a [Forum Problem] - http://www.geekstogo.../forum/calendar

. . . 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 and so forth

Edited by Jack123, 23 December 2005 - 08:21 AM.

Justin

Justin

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
I editted it. Sorry for the delay. Im not subscribed to this topic anymore, as im not nearly as active on the forums. If anyone has any other corrections, feel free to email or PM me, and I will change it.