Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SP4 installation error - metabase

• Please log in to reply

driech

driech

• Pip
  • 3 posts
First of all, I tried to search the forum for “service pack 4” to try to research the problem, but it won’t allow the “4” on the search.

I have been trying to install the Service Pack 4 upgrade for several weeks with no success. I know that some people don’t thinks it’s worth it, but a lot of the new software is requiring it as a minimal operating system.

The install goes fine until the end when I get “Unable to connect to metabase” OR “Setup failed to remove ism.dll script mappings” error.

Here’s what I have tried:

1. I’ve run just about every virus catcher out there. They all say I’m virus free.
2. I’ve tried to install this in both “Safe mode with network” and “Safe mode”. In “Safe mode”, I had downloaded the W2KSP4_EN.exe install, which also didn’t work.
3. I’ve tried to install in “Safe mode” but before running the install, I Uninstalled the Internet Information Service, IIS prior to install. At least I THINK I uninstalled it since it never really said that it was gone.

At the point, I don’t know what else to try.

Any suggestions….

Thanks….

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
There a 2 ways to deal with this:

1)Stop IIS Service, install SP4, then restart IIS

2) Remove IIS, install SP4 then reinstall IIS

Click HERE for full article

Let me know how you make out!