Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printing problem

• Please log in to reply

pamyla

pamyla

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I have a Canon i960 photo printer and it recently stopped printing the black ink. All the other colors appear to be fine.

The strange part is that when trying to print a Microsoft Word document with black text the page comes out completely blank. However, I am able to print excel documents with black text and pages from the browser. They print legibly, although the text doesn't look completely black (more olive).

So, I have tried running the automatic cleaning function multiple times to no avail. And I've tried aligning the printheads. Also, tried putting in a new ink tank and then running through the cleaning process. I'm not getting anything... I've also tried changing the color of text in Word, and that prints just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Pam

Advertisements

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
So you have tried a new black ink cartridge? Becuase this sounds exactly like what happens when you run out of black ink. If you have, then I'm not sure what the problem can be.

pamyla

pamyla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have tried a new cartridge, and the old one was pretty full as well....

thanks anyways :tazz: