Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Glitch in Explorer

• Please log in to reply

Soul Bleed

Soul Bleed

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Has anyone had this kind of glitch in Windows Explorer.

The glitch is in View -> Explorer bars -> Folders

I made a picture of it will add it to this.

If I cannot fix this glitch I will have to get a w98 upgrade, or upgrade to w98 SE, which I can obtain.

I just need it for a few months til I build my new system.

But I am having that glitch, and also occassionally my monitor will shut off and turn back on, sometimes it stays off. In pOwermanagement I have evreything on.
And in BIOS I have powermanagement OFF.

Posted Image

Thats what the glitch looks like on the left side. Also, it doesnt let me click into the folders. When I close windows explorer, and go back in it, it allows me to do it again, until it decides to add those folders again. This glitch is weird, and was hoping theres a registry trick I can do, to stop from happening. I tried tweak UI, Winhack, and just restore windows IE, but nothing works so far.

Does anyone know the registry fix for this?
Is there anyone out there who knows the fix to this problem?

There must be a fix besides an os upgrade, thats the easy way out.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone can fix this problem. I have sent it around, and no one has an answer. Its kinda cool having a problem, thats stumping evreyone.

I went thru the registry, and to see, evreything with name "Folders", and found some intresting areas that repeat many times over.

Also, I've downloaded evreything from Microsoft site.

Note: Whats intresting this problem only happens when I right click into right side of folders pane area. It does not happen when I do nothing or left click into folders in any partition. So, its gotta be a glitch in the right click command in explorer.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Have you tried System File Checker?

Start -> Run, type SFC /SCANNOW

Soul Bleed

Soul Bleed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I did that, and it didn't have any changes. Still, not sure why its doing it.

Soul Bleed

Soul Bleed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I still have problem, I'm gonna try to go thru all the system files, and save new, and add old files, to find the error.