Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS OFFICE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Heres my scenario:

I Have a Digital Camera with Docking Bay connected Via USB and also a Digital Audio Player connected via USB. These devices have worked correctly and have not caused any error messages to appear for the last 8 months or so.

Yesterday I installed Microsoft Office 2002 (includes word, excel, access, powerpoint, and publisher). Since I have installed office... if my camera or my MP3 player is not connected to the USB cable then when i start up windows i get this error message:

"Local network device not found"

it only gives me the option of hitting "OK". when i do hit "OK" it gives me the same error message again... and will continue to d this until i plug in both devices (they do not have to be powerd on - just pplugged in)...

What this means to me is that i have to leave my MP3 player at home when i goto work, so my wife doesn't have to deal with this error message.... NO TUNES ON THE GO ! ! !

I have laready researched this on the MS Knowledgbase and with google... and could not find anything about it... If anyone else has encountered this problem or if anyone else knows of a solution other than uninstalling or reinstalling Office (which I have already done) please reply.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed: Duplicate Post

See HERE

Murray