Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powerpoint question

• Please log in to reply

BriTackle

BriTackle

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all. Just a quick question. Recently my hard drive crashed in my dell laptop and needed to be replaced. So after replacing and reloading everything I noticed that I no longer had Powerpoint. I know it was on the computer before the crash as I bought the computer with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint already installed on it. I had also used it numerous times. Looking at the microsoft website I see that the recovery disk I got with the computer, Microsoft Basic Edition 2003, does not have powerpoint on it. My question is there any way I can get Powerpoint without paying for it a second time. Can I call Microsoft or Dell and get them to send me a powerpoint disk? I have the product key from when I purchased Office 2003 but since it is for a basic edition cd I don't know if the key will prove I have already bought Powerpoint. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey,

call dell and tell them your problem,

they should take care of it

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

I think you are out of luck.. as per Microsoft..

Microsoft Office Basic Edition 2003 is available only as a preinstalled option from participating computer manufacturers. It's designed for customers with limited document authoring, analysis, and communication needs. Find a participating computer manufacturer to get a new computer with Office Basic Edition 2003 preinstalled.

Office Basic Edition 2003 includes the following programs:

• Excel 2003

• Outlook 2003

• Word 2003

If you had PowerPoint, then Dell gave it to you out of the goodness of their hearts (ya right)..

Unfortunately, you got back exactly what basic was supposed to give you..

If you want PowerPoint now, you will need to buy the stand-alone version or a full Office2003 version..

Murray