Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trouble installing canon n1240u drivers

• Please log in to reply

traybonne

traybonne

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hello all,

i've just spent 2 hours trying to start up my used, (but new to me), scanner, canon model n1240u. it came with a disk to install the wia driver and the usb/power cord, but no other disks or instructions. the disk says for xp only, version 1.01. i mistakenly thought it couldn't be that big of a deal to install. after loading the disk and trying to install the twain drivers and set up program via freeware, still nothing. i'm afraid i don't know where to look next. i am running windows xp pro. any help greatly appreciated. many thanks in advance.

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hello Traybonne, welcome to Geekstogo!

Has your computer detected "New Harware" yet? If so, have you installed the printer yet through your device manager?

Freddie

Edited by FreddieKrugerGuy, 10 September 2005 - 01:18 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

First of all Freddie, it's a scanner NOT a printer !!!

Traybonne:

Normally, with usb devices, you would install the operating program and drivers BEFORE even connecting the hardware.. Is that what you did??

Murray

traybonne

traybonne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hi murray and freddie,

thanks to both of you for addressing my problem. as it turns out, all i had to do was shut down and hook up the cable and i was good to go, my new hardware was detected and i was off and scanning! seems like i should have had to do more to install it but so far so good...thanks again.