Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Member sign up forum.

• Please log in to reply

kaido20

kaido20

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there everyone
I was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers here.
I am trying to design a website that will sign people up as members, much like yahoo mail. Then, upon signing up, they will automatically receive an email from the system, and newsletters after that.

I don't know what script I need, a newsletter program? or a membership program?

Help, anyone?

Advertisements

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Hi there,

Why dont you try downloading a free forums section for your site at www.phpbb.com

I have got it and you can send mass mail to all your members and they can post forums etc. :tazz:

kaido20

kaido20

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi there,

Why dont you try downloading a free forums section for your site at www.phpbb.com

I have got it and you can send mass mail to all your members and they can post forums etc. :tazz:

View Post

Well, because the site I am designing is not a php forum.
I want the sign up proccess to be a bit like yahoo, only that it would be like a newsletter subscription.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
You can try this script called PHPFanBase. It's suppose to be managing members of a fanlisting, but I'm pretty sure you could modify it to suit your site.

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 11 September 2005 - 04:53 PM.