Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Corrupted Data?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

xmonkeymanx

xmonkeymanx

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok, so about a year ago i built my own computer. i used a few spare parts from my original computer (a presario, i took my dvd drive and a hard drive) a few monts later, i began having trouble installing applications. games, norton, ms office... you name it, my computer had some issue with it. and all of these discs read just fine on other computers. i thought the issure might be my cd-drive, so i bought a new one but that didnt fix anything. i also thought maybe it was a windows error prior to replacing my cd-drive, but this has turned out to be an issue across multiple formats. does anybody have any idea how to fix this? i'm tired my computer telling me that brand, new right out of the box CD's are corrupted ro unreadible in some way, again every disc has worked flawlessly on several different computers. please help!!!

Advertisements

Asasdasasd

Asasdasasd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
are you by any chance using different commponets? eg uncompatible parts (eg a apple mother board with a pc hard drive or a windows NT motherboard with a brand new 2010 alienware or something because i know some times that will creat some problems such as currupt data. or maybe its even a virus?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
If it is incompatible then the system would not work altogether.

For issues like this, the first thing that comes to mind would be the data cable to the drive - have you replaced it yet? Tried a different connection on the motherboard?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, guys, the original post is from December 2004. I should hope the original issue was fixed long before now.