Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No default video card ?

• Please log in to reply

Puppet616

Puppet616

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i just boght a ABIT KV7 Series motherbord and it seems to have no default video output on the motherboard. iv tryd huking one of my VGA graphic cards and a PCI graphic card but nuthing hapend.is there somthing im missing here???

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
there are three (3) possibilities here.

1st, did you install the drivers for either one of those Graphics cards as well as check your bios to make sure it recognized one or the other.

2nd, you may have not got the cards locked in completely

3rd, the mobo may be bad out of the box. was this a new or used Mobo??

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
ooh thats a pretty mobo

a lot of motherboards actually dont have onboard vid and this is one of them. I see you have an agp slot and plenty of pci slots. choose either the pci or the agp, make sure its seated properly and connected properly, boot and install drivers.