Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

registry cleaners & optimizers

• Please log in to reply

phantomas

phantomas

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
What registry cleaners do u use? What's the best?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
I think the best for me (My Oppinion) Would have to be "Registry Fix v.3" it works great and it really does help to speed up some applications.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I use CCleaner Its free and It does a great job of cleaning your registry it even has otehr features. The only down side is that it dosnt remove adware in the registry but then again it wasnt designed to do that :tazz:

phantomas

phantomas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
What do u think about systweak's advanced system optimizer 2? Is it better than windows registry repair pro from 3b software?

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Registry Mechanic is the one I'm using. But you have to pay for the full version. It's really good but I haven't tried any others so I can't really say which one's the best.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
CCleaner and WinASO Registry Optimizer are both excellent programs, although the latter features a pro version that you'll have to pay for. It has a trial version, however, which works equally well, except for the fact that you can only fix ten errors at a go, so scanning and fixing can be a tad tedious at times.

Edited by cassykins, 12 September 2005 - 02:02 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you use CCleaner, always take the option to make a back up when using the scan for issues

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
If you aren't 100% sure what you are doing, do NOT use any registry cleaner, or at the very least...listen to Keith and make a backup. I have a user right now who has to reformat because she didn't set the options properly with RegSeeker. :tazz:

You can do serious damage to your computer with reg cleaning programs if you are not very careful.