Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

display adaptor

• Please log in to reply

colikath

colikath

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all. Just installed a new operating system,99% O.K. but when I surf I cannot smooth scroll web pages. They seem to roll up and down in waves or blocks.
Under Device Manager the Video Controller (vga compatible) is marked with yellow exc. mark. I have on board graphics.
I uninstalled the vid. con. thru' Device manager and re-booted. Windows detected it and gave me the add new hardware wizard,so I went thru' the installation process. No luck. Error message therewas a prob. installing this hardware An error occurred during the installation of this device The data is invalid.
I had a look at microsoft site (article 810882) and did the business carefully. Same result. The data is invalid.I tried altering the registry to set permissions to allow full control, then again used device manager. Same result.
There is something strange here. As I have a partioned drive I installed another O.S. and guess what ? Everything worked correctly just as it should. No seasick-inducing web pages!
From this I would assume that the actual bit of hardware on my motherboard is fine, as it must be common to both O.S.
Now I am stuck. Any pointers would be most helpful

XP Home SP2 with all hotfixes to date
1.2 gig Intel Celeron
512 ram
80 gig H.D. split 30 50 both bare of content yet
Belarc says system model Legend QDI VT8601

regards [email protected]
Board Legend QFDI Advance-6

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Appears XP is only installing the generic drivers for the video card..

You will have to go to either the mobo manufacturers website or the system manufacturers website and search your system.. get the proper drivers for XP from there!!

Murray