An updated version of jv16 PowerTools 2005 released.
The new version contains the following changes
There is no need to update if you are happy with the version you are currently using, none of the found bugs are in any way critical.
- Improved the backup queries of the product. The dialog asking whether you wish to create a backup or not now also supports aborting the operation. Also the dialog asking the name of the backup supports the aborting of the operation, these improvements should greatly decrease the risk of users deleting something by accident.
- Improved the Merge feature of the File Tool. The feature now uses File Organizer's pattern recognition features to guess what could be the name of the combined files. For example, if you try to combine sunset1.mpg, sunset2.mpg and sunset3.mpg it will suggest "sunset.mpg" as the new file name. This improvement is very handy if use the feature often. The feature also now shows a dialog box when the operation is done.
- Fixed a minor interface bug from the File Cleaner. The tool would start if you pressed enter on the Ignore List section, this made it rather difficult to add many ignore words to the list.
- Fixed a minor bug from the Software Manager, the Remove option didn't work if you selected it from the right-click menu. The Remove button worked correctly, only the right-click menu item didn't perform any action.
Improved the History/MRU cleaner to be 100% customizable. Basically, it means that you can add support to new software by yourself, i.e. teach the History/MRU Cleaner how to clean the history of your favourite applications, and also remove applications from the feature's list. You can do this by modifying the files under \Settings\HistoryCleaner. There is a readme.txt with more information. A graphical editor for the feature will also be included in the future.
- Added a Dutch and Finnish translations and an updated Spanish translation.
- Made minor improvements to the Handbook.
The new version's version number is 188.8.131.529. After downloading and installing the new version, please open the Help > About window to verify you are running the latest version. Some browsers tend to cache the installation file and therefore you might not receive the latest version but the same old version you have previously downloaded.
You can install the new version over any previous versions of jv16 PowerTools 2005.
The new version can be downloaded from our downloads page.