Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Express

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Nuks

Nuks

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi, I've burned dvd's before, but when I try to burn this certain dvd, I get the message "Dvd compliance test failed." I read through the faq's on nero's website, but my dvd is not copyrighted. Any help?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Hi, I've burned dvd's before, but when I try to burn this certain dvd, I get the message "Dvd compliance test failed." I read through the faq's on nero's website, but my dvd is not copyrighted. Any help?

View Post

It may not be copywrited but it may be encrypted. Did the Nero FAQ say anything about encryption, which is one way of protecting copywrited material?

Nuks

Nuks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
It said something about dvd authoring making it non-compliable.
Is there any way around this encryption issue?

Thanks.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

There mat be but even if there was out ToS wouldn't allow us to help you out..

It is copywritten or encrypted for a reason.. to keep people from copying/pirating it..

Murray

Nuks

Nuks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
That's weird, because it's a collection of 5 bootleg concerts put up for free on a band's fansite..

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Bootlegged sounds iffy and what starts iffy usually causes problems later, somehow I don't think anyone here could help you then, sorry.

Nuks

Nuks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Well it's all in dvd format and everything (vob, ifo, and bup), so I don't see why it's different than anything else.

Thanks anyway though guys. I'll try and get it figured out!

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

That's weird, because it's a collection of 5 bootleg concerts put up for free on a band's fansite..

View Post

And that's all it takes to make it illegal.. This thread is closed..

Murray