Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Installer

• Please log in to reply

Jumana

Jumana

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

When I turn my laptop on and after the desktop appears, Windows installer runs automatically to install (Microsoft onenote!)..and it takes minutes and then I get an error message the the installation has failed!.
Now, everytime I have to cancel the installer several times to get to do whatever I want to do on the computer..
How can I stop the installer from running automatically???
I appreciate your help
Thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got a trial version

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If it runs automatically when your laptop boots, I suggest you go into MSConfig (START-->RUN and type in 'msconfig') and check to see if there are any programs that would run the onenote installation wizard. Also check and see if there is anything in Add/Remove Programs that refers to onenote.

Jumana

Jumana

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Kieth, No, I haven't got a trial version of onenote, i guess it comes with the laptop that has a sticker that says "Bundled with MS OneNote 2003" ??

Fenor, I found nothing that has to do with onenote..I found under services (windows installer)..I don't think i have to untick this one..??