Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

NetScape

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
In this link it states that Netscape 8.0 is supposed to be realyl secure.

Is this true?

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
personally I don't believe that netscape is secure just because it is technically a hybrid between IE and firefox/mozilla. we all know IE has been patched many times for critical flaws over the years and firefox has also had a few itself as it began its climb towards popularity. older versions of firefox do indeed have quite a few flaws. In many ways, the security of a browser depends on how popular it is, so it's entirely relative. There aren't many advisories about the flaws in opera 8 but opera has still not become very popular, mainly because you have to pay to use it.

its like windows. so many people use it these days that security issues are bound to occur frequently. I am an advocate of linux myself but its understandable why windows might be thought of as being vulnerable when its the popularity that makes it a target.