Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pay-pal

• Please log in to reply

Slayer21

Slayer21

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
do you have to be 18 to have an account?

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Here is a quote from the Paypal.com Terms of Use located here

Eligibility. In order to use the Service, you must register for a Personal, Premier, or Business account. Users may only hold one Personal account and either one Premier or one Business account. Our Services are only available to individuals or businesses that can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, our Service is not available to minors (under 18), persons who are suspended from our Service, or to persons who present an unacceptable level of credit risk. In order to receive credit card funded payments or use the Service to conduct business or in conjunction with a business, you must upgrade to or register for a Premier or Business account.

So in short, yes :tazz:

Slayer21

Slayer21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
i am only 17

Edited by Slayer21, 12 September 2005 - 08:42 PM.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Then according to Paypal, you are not allowed to have a paypal account.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Maybe a little easy to answer question but what do people actually do with paypal and is it safe ?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Paypal is an easy and very popular way to send and receive money over the Internet. It is safe (owned by eBay), but it's also a frequent target of phishing, so be very careful about clicking on any emails that appear to originate from PayPal.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Ok now i understand but how highly is the info given encrypted ?

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
I'll let paypal do the talking on this one:

paypal encryption

but none of that will help you if you dont pay attention and follow random links in suspicious emails.