Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search2k.net

• Please log in to reply

georgegershwin

georgegershwin

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I'm sure you know this thing that names itself search2k.net... or things like that; It opens alert messages in the tray and open windows on every other programms... It seems to come from a false codec for Windows Media that I downloaded from a site that seemed to be sure but that it is not (a Torrent site in fact). And the best: the alert windows says there is a worm and I must download an antivirus programm to erase it! Don't ask why there are pyromaniacs among firemen...

So that's it and I try every thing you say in the first page/ fron cleanup to windows update passing throw ewido and active scan... They find stuff the first time but they can't destroy it and next time I scan (into safe or normal mode) they don't find anything but the THING is still alive and block my access to IE. When I want to go on, let say Hotmail, the window opens on the search2k site!

Would you please help me as you did next time (my name was also Gerswin but I can't remember my password...)

Thanks and hope to hear from you as soon as your life let you a chance...

George G.

Advertisements