Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless help

• Please log in to reply

teireng

teireng

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Ive been using my aunts wireless router for a while now to connect to the internet but all of a sudden Im unable to connect anymore.

My computer is picking up the signal and says it is in range, but when I try to connect I get a window that says: Please wait while windows connects to the default network. Underneath that it says waiting for network. This window stays open for a few minutes then it closes without connecting to the internet. I cant understand why it would do this all of a sudden when Ive been using it with out trouble for weeks now.

Ive tried to use the repair option but it doesn't help.

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
have you made any changes? have you tried power cycling the router and then rebooting the computer?

What is the make/model of the router?