Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Reciever

• Please log in to reply

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Pip
  • 6 posts
IN Device manager it says my USB reciever is not functioning properly, because the driver is not installed, yet when I try to reinstall the driver my computer cannot find it. An dsuggestions?

Advertisements

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

IN Device manager it says my USB reciever is not functioning properly, because the driver is not installed, yet when I try to reinstall the driver my computer cannot find it.  An dsuggestions?

View Post

Hi there,

When you say when you try to reinstall the driver, do you mean from the disk/cd that came with the usb device you are trying to install or that your USB port drivers aren't installed?

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
The former, it says do u want to reinstall from disk, I say yes, and it says it cannot, due to an error.

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
okay, check under your device manager and see if your USB controllers are enabled and are working properly, any yellow yield signs with Exclamation marks are a sign something isn't right. Also try copying the XP/win2000 drivers to your hard drive and try to install them from there.

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thank you for your help, all is fixed now :tazz:

fungit

fungit

• PipPip
  • 81 posts
Great news :) , I'd love to hear what the solution was, please post it if you don't mind :tazz:

Hs1mpson

Hs1mpson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
lol I would love to, unfortunatly I haev to admit, I went out to the pub and left my father to fix it for me, I believe the gist of it was, he downloaded new drivers from the net. I was the cordless mouse and keyboard that had stopped working, so a new mouse driver was installed. Sorry I cant be more informative! :tazz: