Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express 6 - Missing all messages

• Please log in to reply

kmerigold

kmerigold

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi,

I have a machine that shut down while outlook express was open. When I now open OE, none of my folders or mail messages in any of my mailboxes are there except for my deleted items and sent.

I have all the DBX files, and I am trying to figure out how to get the messages out of the DBX files, and back into OE without buying a 50.00 piece of software.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I would appreicate any help I can get at this point...

Thanks so much for your help!

Kim

Advertisements

modernsavage

modernsavage

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 51 posts
In Outlook Express go to ...

Tools
Options
Maintenance (tab)
Store Folder (button)

Check that the folder is pointing to your DBX files and not a new blank copy. If it is try copying your files to a new folder and changing the location in Outlook to point to it.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
setup a new profile eg kim1 then copy the current dbx to the new user