Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Window placement help

• Please log in to reply

BlackSeaBandit

BlackSeaBandit

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I accidentally deleted my main theme for Windows XP (under the Theme portion of the Desktop options) and I'm using the "Windows Classic" them now (which I don't mind). However, this has caused every new browser window (with Firefox and IE) that I open to go completely fullscreen, to the point where it covers the taskbar. This is extremely annoying, considering that I have to resize every new window I open. :tazz:

Right about this time I also lost my ability to scroll with my wheelmouse.

Any advice?

(BTW, can anyone link me to the standard XP theme download?) :)

Edited by BlackSeaBandit, 13 September 2005 - 03:51 PM.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
To solve your taskbar problem, right-click Start button and choose properties. Click 'Taskbar tab. Tick the option to "keep the taskbar on top of other Windows". If your mouse came with a driver disk, try re-installing -- although the scroll-wheel should function without any third-party drivers -- mine does and it's not a microsoft mouse.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
the easiest way to get the xp luna theme back actually might be to get someone you know to give it to you from their themes folder. the reason for this is that if you download it from the net, if luna has been modified in any way at all, windows xp will refuse to apply it without a patch that makes it able to apply third party themes in xp. you can never be sure if the theme files you download from the net have been modified or not and if they have, they wont work.

edit: I've done the obvious and checked the microsoft site. they dont have it.... what a surprise. :tazz:

Edited by Thef0rce, 14 September 2005 - 05:23 PM.

BlackSeaBandit

BlackSeaBandit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks a bunch guys. I'll reload my mouse software.