Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Does not have enough resources

• Please log in to reply

mctvRandy

mctvRandy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am desperate here - - foolhardy courage and 25+ years of engineering experience and I decide to build my own system. Slogging through hours and hours of problems and the only thing that doesn't work now is ethernet. No internet access, no network, no PC to PC via TCP/IP.
I don't know where to turn to solve this problem.
Device manager says Intel 82875P Processor to PCI bridge 257b shows yellow exclamation mark, right click on properties and read "not enough resources to run this, free up resources" ... go to resource view and can't tell anything... so I go into the BIOS and uninstall four USB ports and change the interrupt on one of the serial ports just to see what happens... no change. Still yellow exclamation. Uninstall the Intel 82875 etc etc and reboot, it reinstalls it and puts back the yellow exclamation.
The machine is my video editor, 3.0 Ghz pentium, 1GB ram, two SATA drives, one DVD burner, one CDRW drive. Running XP Pro. The motherboard has firewire, USB, and gigabit ethernet, so the only card in my cage is a PNY Quadro to get two (or four) video displays. If I had a cage full of cards I'd uninstall every one of them but I only have one card in this computer and I need the dual display for video... so what resources can I free up?
I was so frustrated I returned the motherboard and they sent me a new one and it has the same problem.
The gigabit port shows green/amber lights when connected but I can't get it to operate. Then I did something dumb, uninstalled some Intel PRO gigabit adapter and now the lights don't even work. Can't figure out how to undo that. So I install a PCI Gigabit card and then my monitors stop working. I'm ready to take the whole thing and launch it off the Golden Gate bridge.
Maybe I'll tie it to my neck first.
Randy

Advertisements

Nalyd

Nalyd

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
If you can post a list of your IRQ's that might be helpful in finding your problem.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can generally remove your serial ports without causing much problem, they're hardly used anymore. If you can get into System Information it will tell you what your resources are and what device conflicts there are. Your new card may be using more than on IRQ so you may be able to disable part of it.