Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advertising?

• Please log in to reply

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Whats is a good advertising plan? I dont want ANY Ads on my site but want to advertise mine on maybe a search engine or something! Free is my first option but then if I cant find free I will go for a really cheap one as I have a very low budjet!!

Game Freak!

Advertisements

lt b0ngo

lt b0ngo

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Not sure but have a look on google they advertise not sure how much they would charge you though.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thanks! Anymore?

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't have any recommendations on advertising, but I can offer some tips on getting visitors to your site. Won't cost you any money, just time :tazz:

Visit other people's sites and comment on their commenting system and/or sign their guestbook/tagboard. Leave your web address so they can visit you.

Join popular topsites (not the ones that are just starting out), and ask people to vote for you through a button you put on your site. That will drive tons of traffic to you.

Make sure you submit to major search engines like google and yahoo, and have correct meta tags (google puts emphasis on the title and meta description of your site). That way your site will appear higher on the search results.

Hope that was helpful to you :)

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
But you have tp pay to advertise in google right?

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
aBOUT THE BUTTIN THING i AM AFRAID i DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN?

Edit: Sorry for the Caps Lock!

Edited by Game_Freak, 14 September 2005 - 05:41 PM.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
You have to register at a topsite and they will give you a code (which shows up as a button) to put on your website. Everytime somebody clicks the button, they'll be directed to the site and they'll see the rank of all the sites. That click will be registered as one vote for your site. The more votes you have, the higher your site will be placed on the topsite page, therefore giving you more visiters. You can give Acid Lemon topsite a try.

edit: oops sorry, I forgot to say something. You do have to pay to advertise in google, but you don't need to pay to have your site submitted to the google database. Google, after all, is a search engine :tazz: By paying to advertise, your site will show up on google pages, but by submitting to google, your site will only show up when someone types a search word that matches your meta title/description/search word.

Edited by lil_cat_luver, 14 September 2005 - 05:59 PM.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I want to add to that google database if it is free only! How do I do that?

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
bump

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Go to google's about page and click on the link that says "submitting your site". Before you submit, make sure all your meta tags are correct...oh I already said this, hehe :tazz: And just follow their directions, and that's it.

Advertisements

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Thanks!

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
no problem :tazz:

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I used 'adding to database' but I dont get how to add it into Google SiteMaps?

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
https://www.google.c.../sitemaps/login on the bottom there's a link to sign up for a google account. I don't know what is google sitemaps so I can't tell you anymore information than that...

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Oh yeah I have done all that but when it comes to the part where it says add URL it doesn't work!