Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freeze

• Please log in to reply

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have some problems with my computer when I'm using either Skype or MSN Messenger.
The problem is that the computer freeze now and then when I'm usin voicechat and/or videochat in Skype and MSN.
Sometimes the computer freeze after only a few minutes, and sometimes I can chat for hours before it happen.
If I remove the graphics card, and run only with the built-in, then the computer doesn't freeze at all.
It's very rare, but still happends, but not so often.
So I wonder what the problem is?
I think it may depend on the power supply or the mother card.
Maybe the power supply is too weak, I have only 300W.
Can anybody help me?

Advertisements

special-one

special-one

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
try changing the slot of your graphic card .. or .. change your resolution .. there may be also a chance that .. your graphic card is bit lose on the board .. and i completely dont think so .. that the problem is related with your motherboard or power supply