Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Printer can't be used!

• Please log in to reply

redwave250443

redwave250443

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
One machine with Windows XP Added into Domain, suddenly found the netwrok printer couldn't be used after logging into the domain. When I attempted to print a excel or word document, a prompt was occur that is 'You don't have permissiont to use the printer'. I enter the start->printers and faxes->printer, found the network printer displayed 'refuse use', when I clicked it, it indicated that you needed to installed a printer drivers for the printer. I did it, finally the network printer could be used. Why does the confused issue appear? A virus 'Trojan.dropper' has been detected. Maybe, the issue is something to do with the virus. Any help appreciate!!!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
It's possible the virus messed with some of your network settings which caused you to not be able to print from the network printer on your domain. Since it's working now I wouldn't think much more of it other then to make sure each computer on the domain has Antivirus software on it and that they are all fully updated.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
squash the virus and then reset the network (if its not too much bother) thats how i work the kinks out, troubleshooting is sometimes more time/resource/patience consuming than just starting over