Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

After BIOS Flash, my PC does not go into BIOS :(

• Please log in to reply

biyectivo

biyectivo

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey all,

I used MSI LiveUpdate3 to update my BIOS (from v1.9 to v1.B) for MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. After the succesful update, the computer rebooted and logged in fine to Windows and everything.

However, I noticed the default BIOS settings were restored so I tried to get into BIOS to change them but when I hit DEL, instead of the BIOS screen a black screen with a blinking cursor is shown and the computer does not do anything further.

I was stupid enough to not create a "BIOS Recovery Disk" when prompted, since I had updated my BIOS many times. So I decided to log into MSI's web page and the latest version listed there is v1.A so I guess MSI LiveUpdate3 is wrong! I downloaded and created a boot disk and re-flashed my BIOS, but to no avail - I still cannot enter BIOS!

Any suggestions? Perhaps I should try reflashing with the BIOS I had before (v1.9)?
The computer works fine but is unstable because it has the default values in BIOS and you all know that mobo needs to be tweaked a bit to be extra-stable :tazz:

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
You need to clear the CMOS :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
And try different keys, like F1 or F2 to get in. That may have been changed in the procedure.

biyectivo

biyectivo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
so weird...
I turned on my pc again and I could go into BIOS
hehe