Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

removing address

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Hello,

I can remove items from History but not items from IE's address window. Cleared History but still have a lot of address in the pull down box. I thought you could at least click and drag but that isn't happening now.

bamakodaker

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Go to Internet Options, Content, Autocomplete, either clear the forms or uncheck web pages.

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Did that twice, restarted - still there. Made sure ALL IE windows were closed, repeated - - addresses still in the IE pull-down menu.

I might not be using the right terms. I'm talking about the IE Address window that you type internet address in and can pull down to see previously visited addresses. The previously visited list is growing longer and longer.

This is on a computer with new hard drive. I may have some settings wrong and am open to any suggestions.

bamakodaker

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Did that twice, restarted - still there. Made sure ALL IE windows were closed, repeated - - addresses still in the IE pull-down menu.

I might not be using the right terms. I'm talking about the IE Address window that you type internet address in and can pull down to see previously visited addresses. The previously visited list is growing longer and longer.

This is on a computer with new hard drive. I may have some settings wrong and am open to any suggestions.

bamakodaker

View Post

That should have done it. You may be missing a .dll or something.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

There are other possibilities but I would suggest CleanUp is the way to go!!

Murray

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
(1)With my old Hard Drive I had Norton's Spyware and maybe SpywareBlaster. Now that I've replaced with a new HD - and discovered Geekstogo.com - I have Sygate Firewall, SpywareBlaster, EasyCleaner, AVG, WinPatrol, Ad-Aware, Spybot, and cwshredder and now it's suggested I ALSO get CleanUp! ?

(2)What about when I used Everest and saw -
CPU - no CPUL2 cache found
CPUID - SSE not supported
BIOS - warning over 2 years old
DirectX video - primary display driver, hardware transform and lighting not supported. ???

(3)Now the thought is I might be missing another dll? Should I look for all missing items or just go until I find another problem?

I always appreciate any and all help!
bamakodaker

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
1) All the programs you have are for virus and malware detection and removal.. Cleanup is just a simple way of getting rid of everything your initial question was asking about!!

2) Are you using a Celeron processor?? You BIOS is two years old.. so what.. Mine is 5.. You can try to flash it if there is an update but, "if it ain't broke, why fix it" ??
You have an older style video card and it doesn't support today's standards for some programs.. Big deal..

3) Again, unless you are getting specific error messages, "if it ain't broke, why fix it" !!

Murray

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Sounds as if you have done this already but it may be worth a look:

http://www.help2go.com/article58.html

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
Murray - I do appreciate you answering all my questions, you are helping me to understand my computer better.
1069 - I thought I had done everything also but the link you provided had me do something different from what I had done for the web browser address memory has been cleared. I stored the link so I can return to it if I need it.

Again, Geeks has helped me past another stumbling block!
Much thanks! :tazz:
bamakodaker

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Glad to hear that you finally sorted it.