Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop screen goes white

• Please log in to reply

dj_spanky_1505

dj_spanky_1505

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an HP ZT1135. It is about 3 years old and i have issues with the screen going completely white on me. After anywhere from 1-30 min. the screen will go back to normal, and then do it again. I have had professionals look at it before and they have said that it was the LCD screen that was doing this. However I did some research last night and it said that it could be the LCD inverter that could be bad. I dont really know anything about the LCD inverter, so any information on that would probably help too. If you have any suggestions or anything like that on what else could be the problem, please dont hesitate to tell me because this problem is really starting to become a problem. Thank you

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G, apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

I feel I ought to warn you that although I'm an expert on many things computer related, LCDs isn't one of them!

You mentioned the inverter - the inverter is the device that supplies the power to the screens backlight. I would imagine that if this was playing up, then you experience problems with the screen going dark instead of white. The fact that your screen is white at times, suggests that there is power to it but no picture as such. Therefore it sounds more likely to be a bad connection with the data cable (or similar) instead.

Like I said, LCDs are not my strong point so I may be wrong about this but it may be worth investigating.