Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[forget it]

• Please log in to reply

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello!

First I want to say that I'm not sure if this belongs here so if anyone could tell me is this the right place!

So here is the thing:

I'm from Finland and I'm on the 9th grade I have to decide in what school will I go after this. So I found a good school that teaches me all kind of stuff + I can be a expert for comps. So I'm not sure if my grades are enough so they look at my spare time hobbies and courses in school. So I have joined some clubs and have many lessons of comps now, but I'm still not sure is that enough, so I'm making a website (on a free domain, because I'm poor student) to prove my skills. i have been practicing coding etc. and I got some programs for it. I have also made some games by my self. Well I just need one more thing.. and Idea! I don't have a clue what should I put on the site. I don't want ti to look childish but i don't want it too bee like full of extremely complicated stuff. remember I'm a beginner, but I still want somethings complicated but not too complicated. i don't want to make a site all about me. Oh yeah and I'm intrested in computers, but i don't know much about them (learning), but I can't make a site of them because I haven't got much info or ideas what to write. (expect for protect your computer parts) SO here are my questions..

- Can you give me some ideas for the site?
- Could you tell me some good, but free site hoster?
- What good programs I can use to make the site?
- Is there a big difference if i make it with program or with notepad?
- is it able/hard to make a site + forum on a free hoster?

Any help or advices are extremely helpful! Thank you very very much!

~Dedrivudd~

Edited by Dedrivudd, 18 September 2005 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
sorry ,

but i researched on the topic.

and many of the free programs are not really good.

you may have to pay!

ill keep looking and ill get back to you

ankush

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Is there an attraction of historic value near you? You could make a website on the subject, and make it as complicated or as simple as you choose. You could do this for a charity, like a scout troop, too, and be useful (and free!). Go to an old folks home and do interviews, then arrange them on your site with search functions and maps. Pick a subject that fascinates you and explore it. Promise yourself you will not collect any material from the net. Make a website that appears to be from your dog. Remember, you are only limited by your imagination. Best of luck!
Johanna

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

sorry ,

but i researched on the topic.

and many of the free programs are not really good.

you may have to pay!

ill keep looking and ill get back to you

ankush

View Post

Okay.. Well the problem is that I will get 20 € monthly so that money situation is tight! Of course I'll get money form my parents but they don't support my internet stuff. They think that I suck.. They haven't said it to me but I know what do they think so that's why I need free stuff :tazz:

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Is there an attraction of historic value near you?  You could make a website on the subject, and make it as complicated or as simple as you choose.  You could do this for a charity, like a scout troop, too, and be useful (and free!).  Go to an old folks home and do interviews, then arrange them on your site with search functions and maps.  Pick a subject that fascinates you and explore it.  Promise yourself you will not collect any material from the net.  Make a website that appears to be from your dog.  Remember, you are only limited by your imagination.  Best of luck!
Johanna

View Post

Well I have the intrested for computers and programming.

Wait I could make a site of some charitys history?

I think I'm gonna start investigating computer and especially programs. I'm not quite sure what could I do about it other than "Protect Your Computer". If someone could give me more subjects I would be gratefull The bad part is that there are many sites on that. I would love to make a site for some group organization or teams but I have no volenteirs.

I have promised it to me and it would be same a s cheating.

hey I have one more question.

and If you people could answer for question 2 and 5.. on the first post.

Thank you both very much for your help!

Edited by Dedrivudd, 17 September 2005 - 02:30 AM.

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I know SEVERAL decent hosters for websites which offer 100MB web space, MySQL, PHP, Perl, etc etc.....

I'd be glad to help you with your site, if you'd like, here is and example of one of mine (yes, I have MANY lol)

»†Đ« Gaming League

Feel free to email me...

Rockett

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

I know SEVERAL decent hosters for websites which offer 100MB web space, MySQL, PHP, Perl, etc etc.....

I'd be glad to help you with your site, if you'd like, here is and example of one of mine (yes, I have MANY lol)

»†Đ« Gaming League

Feel free to email me...

Rockett

View Post

Did you make that whole site? From beginning?

Rockett

Rockett

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Well...yes I did :tazz:, but it's not as hard as it looks...actually pretty easy. I can explain, just shoot me an email or add me on MSN.

Delta_Man_Sam

Delta_Man_Sam

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
http://psforum.myfre...m.org/index.php
register and check this site out see if it gives you some ideas

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
I decided to make a forum from the beginning to the end by coding!
So I need your help people!'

i need to know such codes like how to code a forum and the login thing code

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
Well if you learn html it is very easy! Pop in my site and check it out

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Okay my site will be up soon then i'll start making that forum and i'll take example from your forum! thank you!

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
No Problemo!