Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SO GOD #¤%#"¤ ANNOYING! [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kimmern88

Kimmern88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've had a virus called w.32Pinfi like forever. It goes into my .exe files and bugs the [bleep] out of 'em. I have tried to format my computer many and many times. But every time it pops back. It seems as if it also disables norton. Reading noumerous post on the internet to help me I think it seems as if there is 2 possibilities. 1. That I have got another virus disabling norton (and every other virus programs). Cause reading of others beeing bugged by this virus they seem to have no problems fixing it. 2. Someone told me that viruses can "take over" the RAM-chip. Is this a possibility? PLEEEASE HELP ME!! IM SO FED UP!!! :tazz: <_< :( :D :) :D :P :o :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome Kimmern88 <_<

Here's removal instructions from Norton for the W32.Pinfi virus:
http://securityrespo.../w32.pinfi.html

Another possibilty, since you've already formatted your hard drive, is to perform a low-level format. You need to get a low level formatting utility from the manufaturer of your hard drive (i.e. for Maxtor visit www.maxtor.com, get MaxBlast). Low level formatting fills your hard drive with all zero's and returns it to "like new" condition. No virus can survive a low-level format.

P.S. Viruses cannot infect RAM. They can be memory resident and load as soon as your system boots, but system memory is cleared as soon as power is removed.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.