Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer not recognised

• Please log in to reply

rengof

rengof

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have win xp and until this week had no problems with printer, but went to use it the other day and it is not working. Tried uninstaling then re-instaling but windows does not find itdrivers seem to load ok but when it searches for the printerit just says cannot find is it connected properly and switched on, yes to both, then it searches again doesn't find it and says printer set to port. I have tried connecting by both parralel and usb but still no luck. Can anyone help.

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried by selecting the option that lets you choose your printer- setup manually?

rengof

rengof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
when i install driver it searches for printer but doesn't find it. If i go into cotrol panel to change printer settings and click on add printer a box comes up saying operaion cannot be completed.no printers are shown in the printer and faxes box.

rengof

rengof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
also when the printer setup utility window appears it says printer port set to port. To use the printer on a network, change the printer port as necessary. JUst tried to instal again using usb connectionit t ried to instal found new hardware wizard window now says ' cannot instal this hardware@ there was a problem instaling this hardware: epson stylus c64. an error occurred during the instilation of the device. the RPC server is unavailable.

Edited by rengof, 17 September 2005 - 01:47 AM.

rengof

rengof

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have now uninstalled the printer to try again. tried to instal through add printer in control panel, printers and faxes, file add printer. a window comes up 'operation could not complete.' If i go file, server properties a window comes up saying, 'server properties cannot be veiwed. the print spool server is not running.' How can i get this sorted.