Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this log file

• Please log in to reply

nanafanboy

nanafanboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
The only thing I did was install and run spybot. As soon as the first scan was finished my computer started doing this. I even tried to us the spybot restore thing and it didn't work. I took spybot off my computer. no hardware or driver changes have been made

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Did you install TeaTimer while installing spybot? This is part of spybot that asks you everytime there is a change to the registry. This sometimes interferes with the installation of drivers and programs. The strange part is you said you didn't install anything else. Try using your disk that came with the mobo and reinstall the drivers for the onboard sound. Next try reinstalling the drivers for your Video Card. Reboot and try again.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

nanafanboy

nanafanboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
No I don't think I installed tea timer. I tried putting the audo and the video drivers back in. it didn't work. I did notice something though. Everytime windows starts up a little progress bar comes up that only says 0%. Its only up for about a split second then it goes away. What could that be. Also right now for some reason I have a little volume control thing off to the side of the screen that I can't get to go away.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Is it in the system tray on the bottom right hand corner? If so you can right click it and select 1 of the options (I can't remember which one, try both) and on the main screen it brings up there is a check box you can uncheck that says "show tray icon" or something along those lines. I'm still workin on this.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

nanafanboy

nanafanboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
okay I got the volume thing to go away. thanks

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi nanafanboy

Can you please suppy more info about your system

1) When did you update to XP_SP2, did your system work ok after the download