Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

run-time error 6: overflow

• Please log in to reply

redwave250443

redwave250443

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I installed a software and launched for its first time, and it showed a error box:run-time error 6:overflow. I only installed it following the instructions of installation. Trying to install it on other machine, the error message is the same as previous machine. Is there anyone help me?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You've got to give us more information. What software, what operating systems, what types of machines. etc.. The number one reason posts don't get answers is there isn't enough information to go on.

nbd

nbd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've received the Runtime Error twice in the last three days. The first time a system restore repaired the problem. Today I uninstalled the Google Toolbar and this has solved the problem. Was afraid that my new iPod/iTunes software had caused the problem this time.

Thanks for all the info on this site! :tazz:

redwave250443

redwave250443

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Thanks for your prompt reply! My OS is XP SP1, the software is 'Hyperion Planning for End Users', the mcahine configuration include 1.4G CPU, 512M RAM, DELL latitude D600 laptop. I was in trouble for long time, and didn't find anything searching for Google. Appreciate very much.