Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network card

• Please log in to reply

smalls101

smalls101

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
I recently had a problem with windows, so i reinstalled Windows XP Pro. It now has service back 2, and my network card has ceased to work. It is a VIA VT6102 Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter. It worked just fine before, but now it says "device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" I can't access the internet on that one because of this to have Windows update the driver. I tried downloading a new driver and putting it on a thumb drive to upgrade it, but it simply says "setup faild" i dont know if i want to unintall it because its integrated, so if u could give me any help, that would be just terrific.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This isn't exactly the worlds most popular ethernet card so you may have to do a bit of searching to find the drivers, if you don't have a disk with it. You will probably have to go to the company's website, using another machine, and download the driver installation to a floppy or burn it to a cd-rom if your machine doesn't have a floppy, and use that to install it.

PS; I've just found out that it may be part of your chipset drivers, so if you update them which your always should after a new install, it may be picked up.

Edited by Tyger, 17 September 2005 - 02:46 PM.

smalls101

smalls101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry i took so long, but thanks. I just put in a new card and it works. Coudlnt get the old one to work.