Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd-rom will not read game discs !

• Please log in to reply

Revproman

Revproman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Guys

Having a problem with PC DVD-ROM drive, I have a GDR 8161B which I think is made by LG and a Hitachi GD-7500 in another machine and niether of them will read DVD game discs. They are fine with movies and other data discs like PC magazine cover discs but game discs just lock the drive, the drive light comes on and it starts whirring but thats as far as it gets !! Both drives have the latest firmware and drivers. Any help greatly apprieciated.......

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Some DVD-Roms have difficulty reading multi-layered DVD games discs. I'd check with your DVD-Rom's manufacturer and see what dvd formats it is able to read.

Fenor

Revproman

Revproman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, I'll give it a go. :tazz:

Revproman

Revproman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Problem solved..well sort of, for some reason the drive appears to lock for about 2 - 3 mins and then all of a sudden it kicks in and works normally, not sure why. I have a total of 4 dvd rom drives and three of them are like this, the other one works normally. :tazz: