Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloading Macromedia Player

• Please log in to reply

rworthy

rworthy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using Windows XP, and every time I attempt to download the Macromedia Flash Player, I receive a prompt that states that it was successfully downloaded.

But, it doesn't appear on my computer.

I've done all the suggested remedies, by going into Internet Explorer and ensuring that Active X... blah, blah, blahs are enabled.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

Ron :tazz:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
When you say "it doesn't appear on your computer", Macromedia Flash Player doesn't put any shortcuts anywhere on your PC, it's not supposed to. It's not something you can run on it's own. It's simply a plug-in that allows Flash animations to play inside your web-browser when you visit a website that's got Flash content on it. Go to Macromedia's home-page http://www.macromedia.com and if you can see the "Studio 8" animated ad-banner at the top, that's done with Flash so it proves your Flash player is installed properly.

rworthy

rworthy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's the problem... when I attempt to view a FLASH macromedia presentation, I'm unable to do so... and I am prompted to download macromedia!

I know it sounds weird... but it's the truth...