Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Explorer error message

• Please log in to reply

Flo105

Flo105

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I get the error message "We are sorry, but MSN Explorer has experienced an internal error and will have to restart....". At this time, MSN Explorer closes and I have to sign in again. My OS is XP Home. Below are the error details:

AppName: msn.exe AppVer: 9.10.11.1703 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 00018fea

From Add/Remove I have removed all MSN features and then reinstalled. Still getting the same message and MSN closes. This is driving me crazy. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Is your computer updated with Service Pack 2?

Flo105

Flo105

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Yes, it is updated to SP2.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi Flo105,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Have you made sure that your computer is totally up-to-date with every since updates that microsoft has?

If you are not sure, then you can click here to go to the Microsoft windows update website.

Flo105

Flo105

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry Tony, I didn't realize I had a new response to this post before I started a new one with a new topic title. Thought everyone had forgotten me. I was sure I had complete updates but followed the link to your site anyway. And, yes my windows updates are current.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
THat is ok, you don't need to be sorry aye, just remember that the stuff do get really busy with things on here and we sometime will take time to get throught things.

That is ok with starting a new response.

Have you tried a repair of MSN Messenger?
Do yo uhave the MSN Messenger setup on your computer still?

OwNt

OwNt

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 7,457 posts
Hello, Flo105.

MSN Explorer is a pain just like IE, imho. If your using MSN internet you can still use other browsers. I'd recommend switching to firefox or opera, there so much better.

Anyhow, I've heard of that problem before - have you tried updating to the newest MSN explorer version?

Flo105

Flo105

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have been given the advice to switch to Firefox or another program but I really like MSN. This is what I have been using for several years and I am used to the interface and how it works. I would like to stay with MSN if I can get this problem solved.

To answer your question, I removed MSN and MSN Messenger and then reinstalled. Is that the same as MSN Explorer? I don't see an MSN Explorer in Add/Remove programs. Could you give me step by step instructions on removing and then installing again? I will try anything. Thanks