Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply

mcglock1

mcglock1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Once I sign on the internet using internet explorer 6 I cannot sign on again due to the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:c\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I can restore to a previous date, but this only works until I go onto the internet once then I have the same problem. I outlook express works fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
I heard that the google toolbar can cause this error in some cases. If you have it installed, remove it (Add/remove programs) and then see how your browser behaves. If it is the google toolbar, you might be happy to just put the google site in your favourites instead, and, if not already installed, install the Windows XP Update SP2 which gives IE a pop-up blocker of it's own.

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
Hi there

just as a point to consider, upgrading to SP2 should NOT be done unless your system is free of malware. Upgrading an infected system is the cause of many of the horror stories associated with SP2.

mcglock1

mcglock1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I removed the Google toolbar and this fixed the problem. Thanks for your help.