Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Doesn't Start up

• Please log in to reply

ronnysaad

ronnysaad

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello i was running an adaware full scan system on my computer and updating the norton. I switched users, I came back and the computer froze. I pressed reset but the system didn't start. It did not even display the blue Intel Page.
I checked if the hard disk and the processor are not damaged. They seem to be okay.

what could be happening ?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Boot the PC and keep tapping F8 until you get options, go through all the options to see if any will load

If not, try here

http://www.geekstogo...ws-XP-t138.html

Don't worry; Windows XP repair feature won't delete your data, installed programs, personal information, or settings. It just repairs the operating system

If not, try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;307545

ronnysaad

ronnysaad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hello Keith... Well the problem is that I cannot always access BIOS because one day my computer starts with the intel page which makes me able to access the BIOS and sometimes the system doesn't start AT ALL. Black screen, no intel page, nothing. But once the system suddenly worked so I tried accessing the BIOS but the options didn't load and I had to reboot the PC. Temeperatures are okay so there is no cooling problem. And I guess the processor and hard disk are okay because sometimes i can use the computer normally. My VGA seems to be well plugged. Could the problem be the power supply ? And by the way I tried to repair Windows but my pc wont boot from the CD-ROM ! it is set as the first boot device and is recognised in the bios so everything is plugged in correctly.
I really don't know what is going on...

Please support me!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
For the BIOS, boot the PC and keep tapping the delete key until it enters set up, don't wait for the Intel screen

Boot the PC and keep tapping the enter key to see if it loads from the CD

The registry recovery is involved but will let XP start