Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RT2500.usb - Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

adambov

adambov

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz:

Hiya,

New to this but hopefully can find some help. I have a Dell Dimension (less than yr old) 2.8 GHz, 512 ram. I have had a few problems recently and these seem to have occured from trying adding a Wireless Network Key to my Belkin (i didn;t do this I was just asked to type the key in). On the same day I also downloaded a free demo of Photoshop from the Adobe website and attempted to download a driver for my visioneer 4400 scanner.

In the middle of the scanner downloading my system shutdown with a serious error message & hasnt recovered since. I tried restoring to previous time but hasn't really helped.

My problems range from system shutting down with serious error message, unable to connect to internet (although it appears data is flowing between pc & internet), unable to load msn, pc operating slowly and also refuses to shutdown at times - jst remains on the start screen. I have had the following error message posted:

RT2500.usb

BCCODE:10000050
BCP1:FD8C1000 FG5EC000
BCP2:00000000
BCP3:EEE4D58F
BCP4:00000000
OSVER:5_1_2600
SP:2_0
PRODUCT:768_1

PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I will endeavour to respond with anything you need asap.

Many Thanks!!

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Ralink RT2500 is the chipset on which your Wireless device is based on.
The PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGE AREA has a wide range of possiblities.
Since the error has shown that RT2500.usb is causing the problem; we will first try replacing it with a fresh copy.
Download the latest version of the chipset drivers from the following link:
http://drivers.softp...2030-WHQL.shtml.

adambov

adambov

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Darth_Ash

Hey, thanks for the reply yesterday to my troubles. I did as you told but hasn't helped.. if anything things got slightly worse. I said the error message was RT2500.usb, it was actaully RT2500usb.sys (nt sure if makes difference), anyway I downloaded the chipset as you mentioned and havent been able to get online since. I repeatedly get the following message coming up in an MS Box (send message, don;t send options etc. I get the following info:

szAppNAME: WLanCfgG.exe
sAppVer: 1.0.3.5
szModName: Ralinktek.dll
szModver:4.4.1.18
offset:000005bec

I noticed the download was for RAlink whilst I have a Belkin wireless system.. not sure if this makes any difference. I will post this to my thread.

Thanks!

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Well then looks like the RT2500usb.sys should'nt have been there on the first place.
Open Device Manager (start -> Run. Type: devmgmt.msc. Press <enter>)
Remove the RAlink device.
Re-install your Belkin device drivers.

adambov

adambov

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well that seems to have licked the problem for now Darth. Many thanks for your help, I hugely appreciate it.

:tazz: Thank you very much!!

adambov

adambov

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello again,

Thanks for the last tip. Things seemed to improve for an hour and then again XP shut down with the "serious system error message".

The following tech info was listed.. any ideas??

RT2500usb.sys
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : FDD9E000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : EF34158F

I can access the net when i log back in but cannot log into MSN messenger. Everytime I log on it freezes and the program stops responding. I have tried repairing, removing and reinstalling it but it's still not working. Do you think they related??

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!! :tazz:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Did you remove the RAlink device from device manager?
Do you actually have a RAlink device on your PC?
Maybe thats causing conflicts with your Belkin.