Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dos script?

• Please log in to reply

ryando

ryando

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a flash guy and am clueless in any scripting past actionscript and few other web languages. I need help with a possible dos script, your help or pointing me in a genereal right direction would be much appreciated.

So here is my problem. I designed a kiosk as a flash projector movie, (which is an .exe.) I am linking to a website from this projector. So when I click on a web link it brings up Internet explorer over top of the flash movie. This is fine, except if a user clicks back on the flash movie residing behind it, it cause's the browser to get stuck behind the flash movie to never return. I can call a dos script from an fs command in any number of events, but I am not sure where to start with the dos script.

My thought is that I shut down all windows, unless they are in focus, except for the flash application. Could I make a script that shut down internet explorer unless it was in focus? Any other ideas.

Please help!? :tazz:

Advertisements