Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Half Life 2

• Please log in to reply

Matthew

Matthew

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I just bought HL2, and installed that and CS:Source. Neither will load though. For CS:Source it has the loading screen, then it goes black and stays like that. I can see my mouse but thats it. Eventually it says something about a fatal driver error. The same thing happens for HL2. I think it may have something to do with my video card...

I have a dell Latitude D600
Intel Pentium M
processor 1300 MHz
1.29 GHz
256 MB of Ram
and the video card is a Mobility Radeon 9000

(i just copied everything from the properties in 'my computer')

The minimum System Requirements on the box say:
1.2 Ghz Processor
256MC RAM
DirectX 7 level graphics card
and a bunch of other stuff i know i have for sure (mouse, keyboard, etc.)

I know i have at least DirectX9 because when it loaded it said i already had that version or better (something along those lines). Does anyone know what my problems could be??? thanks!!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Hey matt,

I actually have the same laptop that you do and dont think the video card can handle it. :tazz:

I was gettting the same problems you were. Try reducing the screen resolution